Alexa and Google Home are two voice assistants launched by Amazon and Google, constantly evolving. Not sure which one to choose between the two? It would help if you realized that both Alexa and Google Home had gotten many updates, equipment, and programming, since their send-off is available, which has prompted the expansion of new highlights and an improved and substantially more imaginative client experience. Instinct is the solid place of these two voice colleagues, especially Amazon, which keeps on getting many new orders.
What A Voice Assistant Is For And What It Can Do
Voice assistants can answer questions to manage some home automation functions at home. Furthermore, thanks to artificial intelligence, they can also improve themselves by understanding their mistakes. In the case of Alexa and Google Home, we are talking about two physical objects, two hardware called intelligent speakers. Then there are other voice assistants like Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana, and Samsung’s Bixby, which are software installed on smartphones and PCs.
Alexa and Google Home home voice assistants can interact with connected, intelligent appliances such as light bulbs, sockets, amplifiers, and TVs. Using voice commands, they search, play music, start appliances, set a timer, turn on the lights, activate the video surveillance system, and much more. Just call them to activate the voice assistant and make a specific request.
Which Voice Assistant To Choose
Both Alexa and Google Home are instrumental and can be used for simple fun, such as conversation. Google Home is the voice assistant of Android smartphones and was the first to enter our homes, thanks to our smartphones. However, Google has placed on the market products such as Google Home, Google Mini, and Google Nest, without forgetting Chromecast which is a device capable of transforming a traditional TV into a Smart TV.
On the other hand, Amazon has pushed hard on Alexa devices, launching a multitude of products, including the Echo Dot, Echo Studio, Echo Flex, Echo Show, Echo Wall Clock, and Echo Auto. Amazon has preferred to offer physical devices to outdo its competitor. Alexa is still present, via the official app, even on smartphones and all Android devices, but having two voice assistants is not particularly convenient. Alexa and Google Home are great products, with good features and performing hardware, so there is no better one ever.
Choose the intelligent speaker that best suits your devices at home and your needs. If, for example, you are an Amazon Prime subscriber and often use Amazon Shopping, it may be more advantageous for you to purchase an Alexa Echo Dot to interact with all the functions offered by your subscription. If you want a very performing voice assistant for artificial intelligence, Google Home is undoubtedly superior, as it has been researching this technology for years. In short, you can only make the right choice by fully understanding your needs and the type of use you want to make of them.
How To Connect The Voice Assistant To The Mobile Phone
Both voice assistants are equipped with an official smartphone application. Google Home is already present by default on smartphones, while Alexa can be installed by downloading the app from the Google Play Store. But how do you want to connect your smartphone or Bluetooth device to Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home Mini?
Connect The Smartphone To Alexa Echo Dot
- Install the Alexa app to pair your smartphone or another Bluetooth device
- Open the app and choose the Devices item
- Select Echo & Alexa, and then your device
- Select Bluetooth devices and then Pair new device
At the end of this procedure, when you enable Bluetooth on your phone or another Bluetooth device, say, “Pair Bluetooth.” After a first pairing, some devices automatically reconnect when they are in the coverage area of the Echo Dot.
Connect Smartphones To Google Home Smart Speakers
- Open the Home application on your cell phone and pick the name of your Google Home.
- Tap on the stuff at the upper right and afterward select Bluetooth Paired gadgets
- Tap on Activities in the blending mode at the base right
- Presently, as per the working arrangement of your gadget, open the Bluetooth settings and make the association.
- If the association between the cell phone and Google Home is fruitful, the savvy speaker will radiate a warning sound.
The Best Voice Assistants
Now that you know what a voice assistant is, its functions, and how it can help you in everyday life, you can buy a series of Alexa and Google Home devices.
Echo Dot 3rd Generation
Echo Dot 3rd Generation is Amazon’s best-selling smart speaker, compact size, fabric cover, ideal for small spaces. It allows the control of compatible devices for smart homes and remote control. Furthermore, thanks to the hundreds of Skills available, it is possible to customize the user experience fully. Echo Dot (3rd generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa integration – Anthracite fabric
- Introducing Echo Dot – Our best-selling smart speaker, with a fabric cover
- Control music with your voice – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify,
- More prosperous, powerful sound – Pair with another Echo Dot (3rd generation) for powerful stereo sound.
- Always ready to help – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read you the latest …
- Always stay in touch with others – Call and text without having to use your hands to anyone who owns
Echo Show 8 1st Generation
Echo Show 8 is a compact device equipped with an 8-inch HD bright screen, which integrates the amazon Alexa voice assistant. Control smart home devices compatible with both voice and touch screens. The latter can be customized by choosing a background or a photo and setting some preferences, such as an alarm to start the day. In addition, you can manage calendars, check the weather, view videos, get traffic information, listen to music and audiobooks, and much more. Echo Show 8 (1st generation, 2019 model) | Smart screen with Alexa | Always stay in touch with help from Alexa | Anthracite
- Alexa can show you many things – Thanks to the 8 “HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help you.
- Stay in Touch with Video Calls and Messages – Call friends and family who own an Echo device.
- All the entertainment you want – Ask Alexa to show you a movie, TV series, or news …
- Manage Smart Home Devices – Control compatible devices by voice or manage them …
- Personalize It – Show off your photo albums from Amazon, customize your home screen and create
Google Nest Mini
Google Nest Mini is a smart speaker with integrated Google Assistant. It is initiated through the voice order “Alright Google,” permitting you to reach many capacities. You can pay attention to music, request news, climate, plans, make interpretations, or take a look at viable canny gadgets inside the house. Minimized size, canvassed in texture. Little yet with a strong sound.
We have seen the two most involved voice colleagues in homes to establish wise conditions. Alexa and Google Home are available with splendid speakers accessible in various renditions, all outfitted with astounding equipment able to do excellent execution. The numerous abilities of Alexa and the artificial reasoning of Google offer broad usefulness. They can fulfill every one of the necessities of the individuals who need to involve a ton of home computerization in their day-to-day routine. Since you get to know these two voice colleagues all the more intently, you will want to settle on your decision with more prominent mindfulness.
Also Read: How To Learn To Program Python