You have repeatedly heard us exclaim that MIUI is the best Android interface, and the reasons are many, starting from the high level of customization it offers in addition to the large number of functions that we often even ignore. It is lovely to discover inside your Xiaomi smartphone, Redmi, POCO, etc., devices equipped with MIUI ROMs and infinite possibilities of use that sometimes turn out to be real gems.
We often compare smartphones to small pocket computers. Just like the desktop counterpart, MIUI offers a safe mode, which allows us to exclude some errors generated by the applications installed on the device at startup, starting our Xiaomi only with essential apps for its basic functioning. To access safe mode, we will have to carry out the following steps:
- Turn off your smartphone completely;
- Turn it back on, but press the volume up button when the MIUI logo appears – until the system boots up completely.
Confirming that our Xiaomi has entered safe mode is displayed at the bottom left. We will find the wording that certifies its status. Now we will be free to act on any apps and solve the associated errors while exiting safe mode and restarting the smartphone.
Add A Video As Wallpaper
As we know, the MIUI interface also allows in-depth customization at a graphic level using themes, which modify the appearance in the background, in the icons, and much more, often acting on the startup animation and system sounds. But if you want something more particular, you can set a video as wallpaper simply by following these steps:
- Go to the Gallery and choose the video you want to use as wallpaper on your smartphone.
- From the video options (three dots icon), choose the Set video background option.
Take Long Exposure Photos
By now, all entry-level and top-of-the-range smartphones offer a camera capable of giving us emotions in immortalizing a specific memory. But our creativity doesn’t stop in front of trivial shots to share on social networks. In that case, you will probably find the Camera app software option to take photographs with prolonged exposure, obtaining an effect similar to the image above. To access the feature, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Camera app and then to the More menu. Here you will find the Long Exposure entry.
- Once selected, all you have to do is choose Neon Lights from the options shown:
- From the settings of this mode, we can modify the exposure time or activate a guide to take the photo adjusted to the horizon.
Transfer Photos, Videos, And Documents To A PC Without Using A Cable
How often have you found yourself wanting to connect your smartphone to your PC to transfer a file, whether it’s an image or something else, but you don’t have any USB cables available? Don’t despair because MIUI has also thought of this through the ShareMe application. You will only need WiFi. Therefore, to transfer a file to your PC wirelessly with your Xiaomi, follow these steps:
- Go to the ShareMe application and access the Connect to computer option in the top left menu.
- Once inside, click on Start and configure the access method, i.e., with or without a password.
Next, we will be shown the IP address we will have to access from the browser or, better yet, from an FTP client. Once inside, the complete directory tree of our smartphone will be listed, from which you can get the file you want to transfer. Nothing simpler right?
Show Two Clocks On The Screen
Not a super function, but many people need to see a double clock to synchronize with friends/relatives who live in a foreign country. Therefore, with MIUI, we can display two different clocks on the lock screen of the phone, and to enable this function, all you have to do is:
- Go to Settings> Additional settings> Date and time;
- Now turn on the Dual Clock option and choose the time zone of the country you want to view.
Change The Contrast And Colors Of The Screen
The displays of current smartphones have made an impressive technological and qualitative leap, so much so that AMOLEDs are often preferred only by those who judge a telephone by its technical data sheet. In short, whether it is an IPS LCD or an AMOLED screen, it is undeniable that the devices of the moment do not disfigure in multimedia, even if sometimes it is necessary to calibrate some nuances, precisely because each of us is different from the other and therefore what seems to me white may look yellow to you. Fortunately, in the MIUI settings, it is possible to tweak and customize the contrast and temperature of the display. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Go to Settings > Display > Color Scheme;
- Once inside, modify according to your taste and need.
Save Battery By Using Chrome Shortcuts
Through the Big G app, which therefore works on any Android smartphone, it will be possible to save battery by simply bypassing certain apps in favor of using their website. Chrome allows us to create links to any website and access them later directly from the home of our mobile phones. Hence the benefit of saving battery since we could create links to social platforms such as Facebook, thus avoiding the application’s installation and saving on RAM and MB for downloading future updates. At the same time, with the desktop connection, we will always have the latest updated version of the social network. To create a shortcut from Chrome, you have to do this:
- Go to Chrome and access the web page for which you want to create a link;
- Once inside, we access the options through the three upper dots at the top right and click on the Add to home screen option ;
- Now you have to decide the name to match the shortcut you will find on the Home Screen as if it were a typical application.